Friday, June 22, 2012

2 miles

I accomplished the 2 mile run this morning.  That is now the single longest stretch of running that I have ever done.  It was at about a 12 minute mile pace, which i can live with.  I always participated in organized sports growing up.  I played 13 years of Soccer, 4 years of football and 3 years of baseball.  I never ran continuously in any of those.  Maybe a half mile at most.  Last September i was trying to jog but my big fat self was too heavy to be supported by my knees.  anyways the longest I made it was a 1/4 mile without stopping.  Years ago I would run 1 minute, walk 2 and repeat.  This was the first time I made it 2 miles and that is pretty awesome.  I have to make it to 3.1 miles by August 4, and I think that it is in the bag.  I am going to try to run a trial run of 3 miles by the end of next week and continue to just workout at a 2 mile a day pace.  I have to get back on the bike as well.  I think this Tuesday or Wednesday will be the next bike ride for me.  I am going to see about doing 300 meters tomorrow without stopping so that should be fun.  Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment