Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wednesday Night

I have planned my next 2 1/2 weeks of training.  I must say that it really kicks off on Monday July 2.  My nutrional side of training goes into affect, or effect, whatever, on that day.  I am moving to a more organic nutritional spread.  My goal is to allow for at least 50% (aiming for 60%) of my caloric intake to be fresh fruit and vegatables.  The fruit is easy.  I can snack on apples and bananas and grapes all day, vegatables is going to be harder.  I will probably start out with carrots and celery, but I want to get to brocoli and other vitamin rich foods.  This will be strange.  Over the last 6 months of really changing my eating habits I have not restricted myself to what I can and cannot eat, just how much I can eat. 

I don't want to call this a diet.  I have been successful with portioning.  I have lost 64 lbs since January 20.  I lost an additional 23 lbs from October until january 20.  But that was with wishy washy dieting.  I actually lost about 35 lbs by mid december but put back 12 by January 20. 

So healthy eating is the next phase of this lifestyle change.

As for the training, it is becoming second nature and I am not skipping a beat in that.  I did nearly a kilometer in the pool today.  So that was a personal best.  I have to end this week of training through Saturday so I can start on the true triathlon training that I need to do.  I am stepping up my time in the pool and the treadmill, and on July 8 I am trying my first test of biking the triathlon distance and then putting the bike up and running the triathlon distance.  July 11 I will do the same.  I will then come home after both of those trials and hit the pool with my swim program that I outlined in an earlier post.  That, combined with the weights should really give me a good idea of what I have gotten myself into.  The outdoor heat will also be good for me. 

Ian

1 comment: