Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Training and Nutrition

Ahhhhhh...Training and nutrition...don't they just sound fun?  I have outlined the next 2 weeks of training to truly emphasize what I am trying to accomplish, whether that is on 8/4 or on 9/30.  I have to train and get ready in case my number is drawn on the first Saturday of August. 

I have outlined a new swimming program as that is probably my weakest area right now.  I have 2 of these to do this week and then I will be doing them 3 times a week for the first 3 weeks of July.  The week of July 22 I will switch to a different swimming regiment.  I have never done open water swimming, and I have an insane fear of fresh water.  Actually my fear of water includes oceans, lakes, ponds, rivers, streams, tap and anything that is not bottled, in a bath tub or a pool.  So this is going to be interesting when my foot first touches that lake and that crud goes between my toes.  I am freaking out about it right now...But back to training. 

My pool that I swim in is 20 meters long in the lap zone.  This makes for a lot of laps.  Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I will do my swimming weather permitted.  I will always have Sunday as a make up day as well.
  • Warm Up 7 laps (140 meters)
  • Distance 10 consecutive laps twice (200 meters x 2)
  • Drill 7 speed laps (20 meters x 7)
  • Sprint 5 laps with only arms (20 meters x 5) 
  • Cool Down 5 consecutive laps (100 meters)
I just got me some Nike Jammers, the tightest swim trunks I have ever owned and some goggles.  I read somewhere that swimming with thte regular trunks I have been swimming in is like runing with a parachute.  We will see.  Off to the pool I go.  Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment