Monday, June 18, 2012

Houston Triathlon September 30...

I had this plan to start triathlons next summer. I plan on riding in the MS150 next April and figured I would start the tri thing at the Tejas Triathlon in Sugarland next June. That did not go as planned. I just registered for one on September 30. 104 days to train now. I am not ready yet. I need to work on my swimming and running. The bike I have down. I am getting a new bike in late August. I have a plan for the running. I have a plan to gradually increase the time and speed that I run on a treadmill. The last 2 weeks before the event I will start running on the street and will probably start running the event course a well. This is going to be extremely interesting. Kennedy does not expecte to win, but she wants a top 10 finish. I will be participating in the Clydesdale level, which is men over 200 lbs. if everything goes to plan, big IF, I am targeting a race time weight of about 240. 29 lbs to get there and with the insane amount of cardio I will be doing over the next 104 days I think I will get there. Wish me luck. Ian

2 comments:

  1. The race went well enough. I improved all my times from the Bridgeland triathlon that I did in August. Planning and working on a half ironman in April. This is fun.

    ReplyDelete