Monday, July 9, 2012

Well after 1 week...

I have dropped a few more lbs in the last week.  I am now down 93 lbs from the start of this journey.  I want to drop another 5-7 by the begginning of August.  I limped towards the finish line last week with training.  I did more swimming than I had planned and lost a lot of running due to a nagging calf injury.  I hit the gym today after a 25 mile bike ride.  It was my first road bike ride on a road bike.  I bought a new bike on Friday.  I purchased a Specialized Allez.  It is soooooo different than what I have been used to riding.  I had been riding a mountain bike that I had for years.  It served it's purpose.  So the bike ride today absolutely wore me out.  It is just such a different ride.  After the ride I came home, hit the gym and did my normal Chest/tricep/core workout.  Then I hit the pool and did a 1000 meters.  One of the highlights of the swim was an uninterupted 400 meter swim.  It is the longest swim I have done yet.  I still did my training laps but that was nice to get the triathlon distance out of the way.  My nutrional side has yet to fail.  Outside of a planned 4th of July event where I had a steak and some fixins, I have not had any meat since last Monday.  I had originally plannned on just cutting back, but now I ma off the meat until August 5.  That is the day of the Bridgeland Triathlon.  If I make it in, which my triathlon friend Brandon believes I will, then afterwards it is meat eating time.  If I am not in, it is meat eating time. 

So week two has begun.  Brandon was telling me that people just flat out dont show up to the triathlons.  They get cold feet.  They hurt themselves.  They forget.  Whatever the case he thinks there is a good chance that i am in the event.  I hope so.  I won't find out until the night before.  And that is all for today.  I have more swimming and light cardio tomorrow.  Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment