Monday, July 13, 2009

La Quinta and hair

So I am now sitting here at the La Quinta. I am sitting here while everyone else is frantically trying to finish this sample exercise. The exercise is to build a complete house estimate with the parameters that he has given us. He started it at 1015 and gave us until 130 to finish. I finished at 1045. I am not saying that I am the smartest person in the room...but...

My hair has come up in comments. I have this white guy afro now and I love it. Ashley, my wife, absolutely hates this hair and my friend Steve says it makes me look like a fat girl. These comments do not fade me. I got my haircut last on the Friday before J.D. Townsend's wedding to his Polish wife. I was fired from Lawrence Marshall the next week because of declining sales after Hurricane Ike...yep...declining sales after a natural disaster.

I then went into business for myself as a roofer. Mike, my business partner, and I had a bet, that I won, on who would cut their hair first. I also grew a beard. I truly looked like a hobo by January. But like an NHL playoff particpant from the 1970's it became a status of luck and we have had our fair share of good fortune since I last cut my hair. So until I am disqualified from my Stanley Cup playoffs of sort...the hair will continue to grow.

My wonderful locks are now a source of great discussion everytime that I see someone that I have not seen for some time. Like my sister Bridgett that seems to be a bit in shock over it. The damn stuff is so curly that it stands on it's own.

1 comment: