Tuesday, August 4, 2009

So...maybe i have a little of the whitetrash gene ma...

I went out Saturday night to Houston Motorsports Park. My neighbor and one of my roofing customers both race modified track cars out there every other Saturday night. Daniel, the neighbor, has been asking me for sometime to come out and watch. I did. I also brought the wife and child.

I was expecting a couple hundred people there watching some race cars. There was well over 1000 people there watching race cars. I also never expected to just get hooked in one evening.

Midway through my wife looked at me...with hesitation...and asked how long before I was going to be down there. I looked at her and jokingly said never. She pried some more. I said within the year.

I called my business partner and he is in. I talked to a guy I know at a Dodge store, and he is in. I am pretty sure that I can get sponsorship from a few car dealerships. I am going to do this.

When I was drinking I made a list of things I wanted to do before I died. I cannot remember them all, but a few have stuck and I am going to accomplish them. First was graduate from U of H. Almost there, 9 hours to go. I also want to learn a musical instrument. I have 2 sisters that learned how to play music and I have always wanted to. I also want to learn a nother language, and rosetta Stone starts in January. And there is a book I want to write. Maybe. I think my adventures would be fun to read about. Now there is a new line. To become a race car driver. I have no dreams of NASCAR or anything like that. Just Pro Stock circle track racing.

If anyone has about five grand to donate I could start next weekend on my birthday.

This is going to be awesome.

1 comment: